top of page
Presented by (2).png

Setting Aside Default: 55(c) vs 60(b)

If a party is in default, they might attempt to file a motion to get out of default. If a default judgment has not been entered yet, then they will file a SCRCP 55(c) motion:

In ruling on this motion, a court should consider:

If a judgment by default has been entered, then the court will go to SCRCP 60(b):


bottom of page